martes, 10 de mayo de 2016

Post 5 : The Story of a Picture

Blog 5: The Story of a Picture



Write about a photograph you like.

Say:

Who took it
What it shows
When it was taken
Why you like it
Upload it too

Include any other information you'd like to mention.
Write at least 150 words.

Add comments to at least 3 of your classmates’ blogs

The story of a picture
This might look a bit naive but , let me tell you, it is alcohol!, it was taken at a pub in Paris, in a bar across from Place Vendome. I was with friends and we wanted to see the non-romantic and alternative side of the city.
This picture is a portrait of the memories I have from my best holiday ever, and even though I haven’t had many superb holidays, because most of time I prefer visiting my family more than anything else, I have had some memorable ones.
It was the year 2008, if I don’t remember incorrectly; and I was under big stress because I had had several problems at my job. Anyway, to make a long story short, I dropped by the place I used to work for and they told me: “here you are”… it was a NICE, FAT Christmas bonus.
That day, I was with a friend of mine, and after hearing that I had received my present, she shouted at me, from the entrance: “Man!!!! Let’s go out!!!”….
Two hours later, we were hiking around Paris Downtown, we meant to tour as much as posible, getting to see idilic landscapes and also, both being teachers, we wanted to share with the locals and not visiting the typical touristic places.
We toured around Montmartre, the Quartier Latin, and the Quartier de L'Opéra -where the picture was taken. We spent nearly the whole afternoon walking around, very lost until we ended up in the strangest bar, where drinks were all related to Hospital which we thought was very original. From that improvised adventure, there are many stories we can both tell our children, and other thousand anecdotes, I cannot let you know in this blog entry’s extension.

15 comentarios:

  1. wow! now I realize that when you said us that you wanna make changes you was saying the truth, I mean, Who really goes to Paris and wants to see a not romantic side of Paris? (LOL) for me, that city is a sign of love and fashion and well, more love. If one day I go to paris I think that I'd take a picture of me in the eiffel tower and all those places that show us on T.V, but it would be very.. common. yes, that's why I admire you and I hope you make all that changes you want to, good luck!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. your photo was not uploaded jajaja
    but for your story I think that it must show a amazing moment of your life.
    I would like travel with my friends too, but I think that Paris is a very common city, I would rather go to other side

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I imagine that must have been a great trip, every trip has something special and it's great to share a trip with friends, you're not alone and you can do fun things when most people are.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hahaha I hate France. Anyway I like that u can feel realized and happy when u go to this place. I want to travel too, but I think that Middle East will be my destiny.

    See u

    ResponderBorrar
  5. The pictures of little adventures with friends are the best because they are spontaneous, and I believe too that they are future stories to tell to next generations

    ResponderBorrar
  6. I love Paris, I want to go someday. I would have liked to see the picture, but has not been uploaded. But the story behind this photo is great, your journey, I want to see many more photos of this beautiful city.

    ResponderBorrar
  7. I'd love to go to France someday, but I think I would stay only with the romantic side of Paris hahaha
    I'd like to hear/read more anecdotes about that "improvised adventure" :D

    ResponderBorrar
  8. I cant see the picture, but judging by the story behind i guess is a good one.
    I think its interesting that you have visited "the other side" of Paris, and not the typical touristic places.
    I wold like to have an improvised adventure too but here in Latin America.

    ResponderBorrar
  9. I can't see the picture!:( But I guess It's a very good photo hahaha I would like to know Paris some day <3 But maybe I will go to another places first... like Ecuador or Bolivia, I don'tknow...
    See you! :D

    ResponderBorrar
  10. I can't see your photo, but I think Paris is an amazing city. I would like to travel there and a trip with friends it must to be very funny!

    ResponderBorrar
  11. Poor babies have to drink those feeding bottles! hahaha. I hope someday to travel to Paris. In July I will go to Rome and Spain, but I couldn't make a stopover to go out there. It's my frustrated dream.

    ResponderBorrar
  12. I can't see the picture, because that i can't talk about that, but i think it must have been a wonderful trip, travel photos are always very special and full of memories.

    ps. I wrote my post last week but i forget to comment in this post, so sorry!

    ResponderBorrar
  13. Traveling with friends is really great and should be much more to Paris!

    ResponderBorrar
  14. I would love to comment on the photo, but unfortunately internet not want to show me , ero insurance for the story behind should be very good !!!

    ResponderBorrar
  15. I would love to comment on the photo, but unfortunately internet not want to show me , ero insurance for the story behind should be very good !!!

    ResponderBorrar