martes, 24 de mayo de 2016

Blog 6: Free Topic: "A Meal I like to Cook for Myself"

Hi ICEI bloggers:

Today in our Hangouts Online Class we decided the following:

TODAYS TOPIC: "A Meal I Like to Cook for Myself"

Write 160 words about:
 - what it is.
- when you like to cook it
- how you cook it

My example:

Good day Everybody!, I hope you are enjoying the new season!
salpicón-de-atúnSpring is a really pleasant time in the year, don't you think? ...Anyway, today's topic is...well yah!...FREE!
Though...we have selected the following topic (min. 160 words, post three classmates) :
My Favourite Recipe for Cooking on my Own.
I have lived on my own for some good years so far and in most cases, catering, has been a daily issue to think over...specially when mom's not around!
I have always been related to the kitchen; my mum, as a child, would always say every person should know how to cook at least the minimum so as to survive in a good way. Considering also that I grew up in a time when big supermarket chains did not exist, a time when imported and/or processed food did not arrive and a time when cazuelas, humitas, porotos and several other, quite elaborate recipes, therefore....if you didn't cook, you couldn't eat.
Having grown around people cooking everywhere, it became natural to learn cooking methods, IO learnt the ways of chopping onion, how to cook it for different purposes, I also learnt about timing..well, I learnt this only after a time I bought a meat and cooked it on the grill but iy wasn't meant for it, but it was for cooking stews!!!
Anyway, nowadays, I live on my own, I have a demanding job (test to make, correct, handouts, bla bla bla) so with this lack of time and the need of eating healthy food, I like cooking my mom's sunday recipe:
Tuna Salad:
salpicón-de-atún
I open a Tuna can, I chop and wash lettuce (any kind, though I prefer iceberg lettuce), I chop onion and let it sit with salt for about 5-10 minutes, then it becomes softer. I wash it and get rid of the strength of its flavour and the salt. I mix everything in a big pot...To dress it, I add lemon juice, canola oil (or any oil), some good mayonaise and salt. Then, I eat it and go to work again. Well.... however, I still like taking time for cooking!

20 comentarios:

  1. That looks delicious, I love the healthy and fresh food, cook with various fruits and vegetables can make a delicious dish and best of all, they are simple dishes and fast cooking, very important when you have many things to do. At a time when no one can cook for you, it will be the perfect time to create a tasty dish in the kitchen.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Humitas are so delicious! And tuna too, especially in salad, I used to eat this in the school, when I had to carry lunch there.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I love to eat that –without the peas, sorry– mainly in summer. It's fresh, healthy and filling, and you can take it anywhere during the day without worrying that will rot.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. The tuna is very tasty! I love it! And that salad is perfect for a sunny, hot, and for a summer lunch day. I would like to eat with lots of lemon juice. Delicious.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. i love salads!, but your recipe would be better without tuna :(

    ResponderBorrar
  6. A really good meal for busy people, Hooray for Salad! Hooray for tuna! tasty, healthy and quick.

    ResponderBorrar
  7. wow! I concluded that you learned to cook by natural selection (Darwin) jajaja you know, something like "do it or die" (LOOOL) I like tuna a lot and with lettuce is the glory! jajaja

    ResponderBorrar
  8. I always thought that tuna is a quickly and tasty lunch, especially with a lot of lemon juice!

    ResponderBorrar
  9. I liked the recipe! simple, economic and pairs well almost every meal

    ResponderBorrar
  10. I love salads, specially that one. I think it's easy and fast to prepare for a busy day

    ResponderBorrar
  11. That looks really good!I love salad and tuna <3 and any lunch that you could cook quickly hahaha see you!:)

    ResponderBorrar
  12. I love tuna, i wish eat this "Salpicón" often, but make this salad takes a lot of time :(

    ResponderBorrar
  13. I hope I can make someday your recipe of your "Salpicon" It looks really tasty and healty.

    See u

    ResponderBorrar
  14. I don't like the "salpicon", but sometimes my parents does it and I have to eat it, otherwise I stay hungry :(

    ResponderBorrar
  15. My mom always cooks "salpicón"... its very good!!!

    ResponderBorrar
  16. the recipe sounds delicious, the salads are an excellent tasty and healthy option.

    ResponderBorrar
  17. I love the Salpicon, but I love more the spaghetti with bolognesa sauce. Regards

    ResponderBorrar
  18. I love salads, are fresh, tasty and quick. Perfect!

    ResponderBorrar

  19. It is a simple dish barat , I like! But it does not compare with my noodles with sauce !!

    ResponderBorrar

  20. It is a simple dish barat , I like! But it does not compare with my noodles with sauce !!

    ResponderBorrar