martes, 19 de abril de 2016

Post 3: Due to next Tuesday 26th April.

LEVEL 3 >> POST 3 (week 5) > MY FAVOURITE PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY


Write about your favourite piece of technology

Say:

What it is.
When you got it.
How you use it.
How often you use it.
Why you like it.
What life would be like without it.




- 130 words minimum.
- Include a picture. 
- Comment on your teacher's post and 3 of your classmates’ blogs.
 
___________________________________________________
 

The Apple Without The Worm

For some time I had been quite disconnected from all society, I had already spent 6 months without a mobile.
Back then I had started working for a telecommunications company and I had to be on the phone mostly all day long, and that's why I decided, in the end, to get rid of the #cell-phone".

Time went by and some day I had an urgency, I had to hand in a very, very importan document, but with the rush, I left it over my desk at home, and the only way to get it was to call my friend and ask him to drop by and bring it along.
Having thought so, I rushed out the underground to get a pay-phone but guess what, ALL of them were not working, and after several tries, and a big anguish, I managed to contact my friend and get my papers...but it was already a bit late, and the only way I could get in touch was by borrowing a co-worker's mobile!

After that I got a mobile phone, in the 2011, after nearly a year without it. After a while I learnt there were new models, and new apps and the inclusion of 3G, I finally changed to iphone!!!... I use it for everything: to make a call, a free-call, to use wasap, teaching apps, grading apps, ppt creation and many more tools that I have come accross with.

I love my new mobile because of its functionality and the freedom it gives me, because I do not longer need to be behind the desk to do all of the tasks my profession requires. I also love it because it helps me being updated on everything I need updating on, and furthermore, because I might have lots to do, and even though I am very forgetful, with my iphone, I can always be aware of it all!.

Without it, life would be rather the same, perhaps, with the difference that I would be forced to spend less time behind the mobile, but at the same time, forced to spend longer hours behind the desk. If I did not have it, I would be even busier, not being able to work on the run. That's why I now love and use my mobile.
 

24 comentarios:

  1. Many times I thought stop using my cell phone, because I spend much time on it. But I could not stop using it more than 3 weeks as it is a very useful device, helps you remember things to do, it helps you work, you can take pictures at any time, always have your favorite music, and above all communicate. It's great.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. It is amazing how cell phones have evolved so far, providing fantastic features that make life easier, I use my cell phone to arrange my commitments and even have fun with applications. It is a very functional device that connects everyone, but if you use too much can disconnect from the world.


    ResponderBorrar
  3. Wow! A YEAR?? OMG! I wouldn't survive One day without my cellphone:( (LOOL)

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. In my opinion, mobile phones are the new essential piece of technology for people. I really don't know how you could survive a year without it, because in my case it is my alarm clock, my way to communicate with others and of course an easy way to have fun. Furthermore, I also agree with you that using our phones, we can do more things on less time, and not being longer hours behind a desk. I also love my mobile, all the apps I can use, and everything I can do from it, which also makes me to save time!

    ResponderBorrar
  6. I think that the cell phones are good for working on a way more fast and comfortable, but in some situations we are their slaves because we watch them all the time.

    ResponderBorrar
  7. I have tried to stop using the phone so much time. But a journalist for example, needs to has one because we are calling other people all time. However, I would like to stop using it for a while.

    ResponderBorrar
  8. I have a smartphone since the last year. I resisted to use a smartphone before, but when I received it I discovered a new world jaja
    Now I try not to depend so much on it

    ResponderBorrar
  9. I think I couldn't be without my cell phone. I use it for everything too! and also it helps me communicate with my family and friends in Concepción.

    ResponderBorrar
  10. A cell phone!!, i just couldn't live without it!! i couldn't chat with mi family and my friends even save a beautiful moments when a take selfies !

    ResponderBorrar
  11. I really understand your fascination with a iphone, it's very useful and its interface is very simple and efficent. Definitely we live in a era when we can't sourvive without a smartphone.

    ResponderBorrar
  12. I think that in this moment almost nobody can live without a cellphone (and its better that it's an iphone haha)

    See u:)

    ResponderBorrar
  13. You are absolutely right. In my case i use my smartphone to take a lot of photos. I think the future of the photography is in this little devices. ;)

    ResponderBorrar
  14. Wow, how you could survive a year without it!!! When I loose or broke my cellphone I get crazy, and I really need it... maybe Im sick, I would try to use it less haha :)
    See you tomorrow!

    ResponderBorrar
  15. I'm also forgetful and my phone reminds me of everything haha

    See you!

    ResponderBorrar
  16. I can not imagine a day without my cell phone, you can use smartphones to do everything, even pay bills

    ResponderBorrar
  17. Now cell phones have many applications that can help us in our work and make life easier that it's surprising. But I think that how fast technology advances it's gets obsolete by the minute.

    ResponderBorrar
  18. Now, the cellphones are very important por the comunication with your family, friends and partners. I use my cell for everything it´s very important for my life.
    see you!

    ResponderBorrar
  19. its incredible but i cant imagine how diferent could be the human life if from tomorrow all smart phones die. can u?

    ResponderBorrar
  20. What would we do without our cell ?... visit my blog!

    ResponderBorrar
  21. I don't words, my cellphone was stolen yesterday, I Want to die :c

    ResponderBorrar
  22. Hi teacher! your post it is awesome, but i think that important of technology in ours lives its a sad effect of modernity, don't you think?

    ResponderBorrar
  23. The smartphones really are a extension of our bodies today! But i dont like iphones because don't share the software!! I prefer a Android mobile, Huawei and Motorola have a good models.

    ResponderBorrar
  24. The problem of modern phones is that they create needs from consumer strategies and not from the requirements of society. Now, what is the need to know at every moment –each 5 minutes– about the life of another person? People need independence from time to time.

    ResponderBorrar