martes, 12 de abril de 2016

Blog 2

 Level 3 - Post 2 (week 4) Why did you choose this career/study programme?



Write about:
- your dream jobs when you were a child
- other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university
- what made you decide in the end
- your experience at university until now
- the kind of job you would like to have

 > word count: 120 words

 > don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates posts and on your teacher's post as well.
_________________________________________________

I studied English Linguistics, and I always thought "what would my future job be?". And here I am!!

I always wanted to have a fun, light, easy going and not too hard to do job, but always wanted to be with people.

From all the many areas I could work in, I always wanted something neither too-much outdoors nor indoors, furthermore I wanted something that would produce some kind of social change, a good important and deep change.

In other matters, I wanted to travel, to see the world, to meet strange people, well... strange meaning, different than me and my friends and family. With teaching languages, I have been able to do all the former, which leads me to think it was the right choice.

I tried working in an office once, in a job that was not as stressful as a teacher's job but after a year, and after missing the classrooms a lot, I decided to go back to stressful, challenging but rewarding teaching.

Nowadays, I am thinking on taking up on PHD studies in the field of Applied Linguistics, I would like to do it either in the Netherlands, Switzerland and/or England. 

I would like to do it in those countries, well, in the two first ones because they have a long history of successful multilingualism and because they are definitely good at languages. England on the other hand, would be my last choice, and this is because of a fact that gave birth to a joke, that is, - and please, no offense-, but the joke says: "how do you call a person who speaks only one language? […] you call them British"...LOL



27 comentarios:

  1. I want to travel and see the world someday too :) and knowing that you've done it, gives me hope that I can do it someday. Also, I'm happy that there are still people who love teaching, that's awesome!
    PS: Even if your joke is true, I wanna go to England :(

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I share the desire to travel the world. I want to travel and live in many countries to learn from different realities. It's great you want to keep studying and to grow as a teacher. I also find really good you prefer a stressful job but you're passionate about.
    Greetings! :)

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I want to teach too! But I don't want to do it at any school, I think to do it at the university (as you do with us haha). How many countries do you know? Wich? I feel anxiety to travel too!

    See you!

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I really admire the teachers that work for produce a social change. I think that this is the true spirit of the profession, and that's why I maybe will be a teacher in the future

    ResponderBorrar
  5. It's great that you still studying. I think that one should never stop his knowledge.
    By the way I'm agree with your position of working always with people near because the relation with another one make us grow.

    ResponderBorrar
  6. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  7. we can make a social change, I decided to study film for that reason, the important thing is to take the decision, it is necessary follow our passions, it makes you happy

    ResponderBorrar
  8. it's great to know that some people like you that work in order to generate changes and no just for money, there's no much people like this. I admire you and I wish you the best in your plan of continue studying :)

    ResponderBorrar
  9. I'd like to travel around the world one day, especially to countries where they speak english. Besides I think it's really great that you are so passionate about your work because there're so much people who don't their job with passion.

    ResponderBorrar
  10. it´s great that you think like that. Maybe more people should think like that, the life it would become more easy.

    ResponderBorrar
  11. I think that the work that offers a reward is the best, so I really admire your decision to go back to your teacher's job. It is demonstrated your passion.
    I hope you continue the plan of your studies in these countries!

    ResponderBorrar
  12. I really admire the people that work with a great purpose. "If you can dream it, you can do it". I'd like to travel for my country and then travel the world!

    ResponderBorrar
  13. I admire the teachers, because they must have a lot of vocation to teach to change the world, and not just to earn money. Now that you say that you want to continue studying, is even more admirable.

    Best wishes!

    ResponderBorrar
  14. Hey teacher, I think England it's one of the most amazing country in the world. I had been there once, and I think people there it's very kind and open to another cultures, against what we use to think. So, if you have the chance to go there, don't think it twice.

    Cheers!

    ResponderBorrar
  15. I love travel and meet different cultures, I could say that´s one of the good things of the globalization :)

    ResponderBorrar
  16. My mother is also a teacher, so I know what that means, I really admire you. You have nice dreams and I hope you achieve all of them!!!
    See you :)

    ResponderBorrar
  17. I laughed a lot at the British joke! That is so true! All the british people that I've ever met only speak english. Foreigners from english speaking countries usually only know one language (no offense)
    Anyway, I would also like to travel abroad and keep studying somethins in the audiovisual field.

    see ya!

    ResponderBorrar
  18. You said "but always wanted to be with people", that is admirable. I would like work with people and see te world too!
    See you :)

    ResponderBorrar
  19. Hello Jordan! It shows that you really like what you do. One of the things I liked the most about what you wrote is the idea of ​​creating some kind of social change, from like you this. Like you, in my case, from the cinema , I can change something, make a difference for good.
    As I wrote a few minutes ago, see you soon lol

    ResponderBorrar
  20. I think it's great that your studied english linguistics, because I like english, also I love to read novels and there are many In english. Regards. See you

    ResponderBorrar
  21. Linguistics offer you a lot of opportunities, it fits with you in a perfect way!

    Greetings and see you soon!

    ResponderBorrar
  22. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  23. Teacher, i share your idea of traveling and see the world. I think is necessary open our minds and know other cultures to have a more complete vission of world. Sincerly i hope that your plans and wishes to take a PHD abroad are successful.
    Greeting

    ResponderBorrar
  24. is great that you want to continue studying and travel to other countries, that's one of my dreams too, but first i have to learn to speak english hahahaha

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. PD: I forgot to comment your blog post last week, I'm sorry!

      Borrar
  25. Really you like this job! Nice touch the British joke, it's a good reason to study in Netherlands or Switzerland

    ResponderBorrar
  26. I sincerely appreciate your decision. Currently choose to be a teacher is a risky decision because it isn't considered all the effort that needs to be done in planning classes (which is not considered) and that the payment is not the same as another work of equal effort.

    ResponderBorrar